Find Support and Information from the Transgender and Intersex websites listed below:
- Trans Youth Equality Foundation: Provides education, advocacy and support for transgender and gender non-conforming children and youth and their families. TransYouthEquality.org
- TransActive: An internationally recognized non-profit focused on serving the diverse needs of transgender (TG) and gender nonconforming (GNC) children, youth, their families and allies. TransActiveOnline.org
- T-House Online: A digital drop-in center serving the transgender community. It is an HIV/AIDS initiative implemented by the Broward County Health Department. T-House helps you to be safe, healthy, and YOU! T-Houseonline.com
- TransYouth Family Allies (TYFA): Empowers children and families by partnering with educators, service providers and communities, to develop supportive environments where gender may be expressed and respected with a vision towards a society free of suicide and violence in which ALL children are respected and celebrated. imatyfa.org
- PFLAG Transgender Network: Support organization specifically for transgenders, their families and friends. Special Affiliate chapter of Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG). Community.PFlag.org/Transgender
- True Colours: Know Yourself. Love Yourself. Be Yourself. This website represents young people who experience transsexualism and a network of their parents, families and supporters throughout Australia where transsexualism is increasing. TrueColours.org.au
- Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG): The original ally organization started by one mom publicly supporting her gay son. Now 40 years later it is a vast network made up of parents, families, friends, and straight allies uniting with lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. Community.PFlag.org
- TransFamily of Cleveland: Excellent family support site. Newsletter, couples, spouses, parents, and youth discussion e-lists. Hundreds of members from all over the world. TransFamily.org
- Mermaids: Family support for children and teenagers with gender identity issues. Mermaids.freeuk.com
- International Federation for Gender Education (IFGE): Leading Trans oriented web site. News, events, publications worldwide ifge.org
- Families Like Mine: Excellent site for children of GBLT parents. FamiliesLikeMine.com
- National Transgender Law Institute: Transgender legal affairs activist site. Weekly announcements of changes in state or federal law affecting trans people. Searchable database on college and employer transgender policies, hate crime laws. TransGenderLaw.org
- Children’s National Medical Center: The nation’s children’s hospital, the mission of Children’s National Medical Center is to excel in Care, Advocacy, Research and Education.
- Parent Guide: If You Are Concerned About Your Child’s Gender Behaviors…
Click here to download pdf file of the above Parent Guide.
- Gender Odyssey Family: Organization dedicated to the education and support of families raising gender variant, gender non-conforming, gender-fluid, crossgender, and transgender children and adolescents: GenderOdysseyFamily.org
- Gender Spectrum: Provides education, training and support to help create a gender sensitive and inclusive environment for all children and teens. GenderSpectrum.org
- Genderfork: Supportive community for the expression of identities across the gender spectrum. GenderFork.com
- The Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN): Strives to assure that each member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression. glsen.org
- The Transgender Resource Guide: Click here for access to the website.
- National Center for Transgender Equality: Dedicated to advancing the equality of transgender people through advocacy, collaboration and empowerment. Transequality.org
- Freedom Rings: The LGBT Addiction Recovery Blog: Gay-Rehab.com/blog
- National Center for Lesbian Rights: National legal organization committed to advancing the civil and human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and their families. nclrights.org
- The Trevor Project: Leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth.TheTrevorProject.org
- Transcend: Supporting Transgender Children and their Families, based in Australia. TranscendSupport.com.au
A List of Therapists Experienced in the Treatment of Transgender Persons
- Dr. Becky: DrBecky.com/Therapists.html
- Laura’s Playground: Therapists List for Transsexuals Transgendered and Crossdressers Lauras-Playground.com/GenderTherapists.htm
- Allies & Angels
by Terri and Vince Cook
For 15 years, the proud parents of two young men thought their younger son was their daughter. Allies & Angels is a story of strength, compassion and unconditional love−sharing how these parents supported their son’s transition and the lessons learned along the way. Learning their daughter was really their son taught them who they are and who they want to be.
When you order a copy of this book via this link using discount code TRANSKIDSPRF, $1 will be donated to the TransKids Purple Rainbow Foundation
- Helping Your Transgender Teen
A Guide for Parents [Paperback] by Irwin Krieger
- Mom, I Need To Be a Girl
by Just Evelyn
This comprehensive first of its kind guidebook, , explores the unique challenges that thousands of families face every day raising their children in every city and state. ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/Evelyn
- The Transgender Child
A Handbook for Families and Professionals (Paperback)
by Stephanie A. Brill & Rachel Pepper
This comprehensive first of its kind guidebook explores the unique challenges that thousands of families face every day raising their children in every city and state. Amazon.com/Transgender-Child-Handbook-Families-Professionals/dp
- Our Trans Children (pamphlet)
Published by the PFLAG Transgender Network (TNET).
An introduction to transgender concepts and issues. This should be the first publication given to any new parents, family, or friends of anyone coming out as transgender. Request by email at [email protected]
- Carly: She’s Still My Daddy
by Mary Boenke. Published by the PFLAG Transgender Network (TNET).
Brand new fiction for children grades 4 to 7. A child’s story of the transition of her mtf TS “dad.” Request by email at [email protected]
- The Agony of Nurturing the Spirit
by Stephanie. Published by PFLAG Philadelphia.
A mother’s true story of raising a transgendered child It describes the family’s journey of pain and heartache through acceptance and understanding as they watch their 6 year old son become their daughter. Request by email at [email protected]
- True Selves
by Mildred L. Brown, Ph.D and Chloe Ann Rounsley.
A serious book by a therapist with over 25 years of working with transgender individuals. Available online at Amazon.com
- Finding the Real Me
Edited by Tracie O’Keefe and Katrina Fox
A compilation of stories by transgenders about their accepting, transitioning, and coming out process. Available online at Amazon.com
by Arlene Istar Lev, CSW-R, CASAC
An outstanding book of historical and the most current guidelines for addressing the needs of all gender-variant people, including transgendered children and youth. Available from Amazon.com
- Made in God’s Image
by Ann Thompson Cook and Dumbarton United Methodist Church.
“An exceptional resource for people of faith who want to open their hearts to a wider discussion of gender issues.” – Rev. Erin K. Swenson. Request by email at [email protected].
- Out, Safe, and Respected and Bending the Mold: An Action Kit for Transgender Youth These kits are centered on the idea that knowledge of their legal rights is critical to improving the safety of LGBT and questioning students. They contain brief summaries of information for Safety, GSAs, Allies, Action, the Law, Negotiation, and Resources. FREE from Lambda Legal; request by email at [email protected] or your local PFLAG Chapter.
- Harsh Realities: The Experiences of Transgender Youth in Our Nation’s Schools
A report detailing in-depth experiences of transgender students by
Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
- To the Beat of a Different Drummer
A report about gender variant children: Source: Contemporary Pediatrics
By: Ellen C. Perrin, MD, Edgardo J. Menvielle, MD, Catherine Tuerk, MA, RN“
A child who is truly ‘gender-variant’ is one who exhibits an ongoing pattern of behavior, not merely a passing interest in the clothes or the preoccupations of the opposite sex.
Support Us By Clicking on Make A Donation
Click On “Make a Donation” and you will be taken to the secure PayPal payment center.